Welcome to the new VECO Federal
In September 2007, VECO was acquired by CH2M HILL and is now an integral part of the firm's global federal business. With the addition of VECO, CH2M HILL has grown to more than $5 billion, and 23,000 professionals operating out of 350 permanent and project locations.
We continue to be recognized leader in key disciplines managing large federal projects and programs, and trusted to manage the world’s most high-risk and highly visible projects, including 50 DOD facilities. Our relationship with federal agencies strengthens each year providing services in environmental remediation, fuel services, ordnance disposal, special weapons disposal, hazardous waste management, AT/FP, environmental documentation, facility services, total land solutions, and infrastructure delivery.
We have successfully executed hundreds of governmental contracts including:
- 23 U.S. Air Force contracts valued at more than $23 billion
- 39 U.S. Army and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) contracts with the capacity of $5.9 billion
- 11 U.S. Navy contracts with a capacity exceeding $1.29 billion
- Seven consecutive contracts with the Air Force Center for Engineering and the Environment (AFCEE) over a 17-year period with nearly $1.1 billion in contract capacity to date.
- Managing more than $700 million annually in environmental management and decommissioning work for the Department of Energy with experience in special nuclear material disposition, spent nuclear fuel storage and transfer, plutonium facility decommissioning, radioactive waste disposition, and environmental remediation and restoration at 8 major DOE sites.
- Delivering more than $100 million of current construction in Iraq and the Persian Gulf
- Completing four major outsourcing and privatization contracts at Federal facilities
- Completing more than $600 million of contingency construction/relief projects for the U.S. Navy, USACE, U.S. Air Force, and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in response to Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Ivan, Charlie, and Dennis
- Providing technology support, emergency response training, and other security-related services for numerous projects either initiated or supported by the Department of Homeland Security